Tuesday 7 December 2010

7/12/10

Period 1

First miss told us when all our artifact work had to be hand in by and made sure that we all new what had to be done. Then we all began completing this work. I changed my design again to include acetate instead of wax, acetate is the plastic stuff that goes on overhead projectors. I used small samples to test it, if I heated it it would become bumpy and stay like this. First I tried heating it with a flame but then it curled up as well and I wanted it to keep it's shape. I the used an iron and it still went bumpy but didn't go bumpy so I decided I'd use that technique to make my shoe. Miss then told me that it's very rigid when ironed so I'm going to have make the shape out of acetate first and then use a heat gun to make it bumpy, the iron wouldn't be able to iron the shape of the shoe. I also am going to take apart my old converses and use the bits of them for the template which I'll base my shoe on.

Period 2

We wrote a letter to our charities to tell them how our campaign went and whether or not we received any donations. We then began making a stop motion movie about "the birth of the Charity Monster." This is going well and it includes the big Charity monster being made and use thinking up the idea of the charity monster.

Period 3

We had a cover teacher who strangely didn't turn up. So we just did whatever work we hadn't yet completed or perfected any other work. I made sure the designs for my new shoe were going to work and there wasn't going to be any unexpected surprises when it came to making.

Overview

Today involved lots of quick thinking to solve problems and knowledge of how to work an iron. I think that I could've worked a little bit harder in the lesson where we had no teacher, the rest of the day I worked hard and completed a lot of things.

cya in a bizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment